Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Message from Billy

I would like to thank Rick Porter and his daughter, Ashley, for putting this web page together - even though I told Rick not to bother with it, he said there was no way he was not going to follow through with this project; and this is where his daughter came into the picture. She designed the web page and after she had finished; she let janna know to go ahead and tell me that it was up and running. I also have another sister, Brenda, who does not have a computer but has been very helpful in getting me help with my prescription medications and in other areas. And since she does not have a computer, she did not know about this web page until yesterday -- i just wanted to let everyone know that she has been a great help with me battling this cancer over the last two and a half years. The Lord blessed me when He gave me these two very special sisters. Brenda came down and stayed with me through my first operation and then Janna came down and stayed with me during my second operation. I am not the only one going through hard times - so i wish to thank everyone for your support and e-mails... Sometimes it is tough going through this living by myself and you have helped me through this journey in ways you could not imagine... THANK YOU AND GOD BLESS!!!

2 comments:

  1. "The Dalai Lama, when asked what surprised him most about humanity, answered, 'Man. Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money. Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived.'"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday Billy! I'm not rich, but I'd like to give you one of my paintings for your birthday. You can either sell it (for the money) or keep it (for your collection). That's up to you. I know times are tough right now, but, hell, we didn't come here to lose! I've got faith in you, man! Just go to my website [www.stevehastingsart.com]and pick one out. I'm going to Austin soon, but I'll send you your painting as soon as I get back. Happy Birthday Billy…I love you, man!

    ReplyDelete